Posted on Jul 30 2015 - 8:00am by John Peters
Comments Off on Are you making the most of your office MFP’s ability to transform business processes?

As printer vendors transform themselves into document processing specialists, they are encouraging customers to embrace digitisation to reduce costs, improve customer service and increase productivity. Through a combination of consultancy and MFP-enabled workflow automation solutions, they are encouraging users to drive paper out of their organisations and adopt electronic workflows. Ricoh, for example,...

Posted on Jul 29 2015 - 4:30pm by John Peters
Comments Off on Sun rises on a new age for waste collection

In the last issue we looked at how the internet of things was helping to keep traffic moving on the UK motorway network. Here, we examine how it has the potential to revolutionise waste management Anyone who has walked down Upper Street in Islington recently may have noticed a new style of rubbish bin currently being trialled by councils up and down the country, from Rugby to Chester and from London...

Posted on Jul 29 2015 - 1:30pm by John Peters
Comments Off on Laser projectors have lower TCO than lamp-based models

Laser projection is now more cost effective than traditional lampbased technology, claims Panasonic following the publication of a new study by ROI team. ROI team evaluated the performance of the Panasonic 6,500 lumens RZ670 laser projector against a range of popular lamp-lit projectors in three key verticals – museums and galleries, higher education and rental and staging. ROI team found that the...

Posted on Jul 29 2015 - 8:00am by John Peters
Comments Off on Take note with The Adonit Jot Script 2 Bluetooth Stylus

The Adonit Jot Script 2 Bluetooth Stylus simplifies note-taking on an iPad. With updated Pixelpoint technology inside a 1.9mm fie-tuned tip, it provides more precision and better compatibility with note-taking apps. The Jot Script 2 comes with a rechargeable battery offering up to 20 hours of battery life. The £59.99 price includes a six-month subscription to Evernote Premium. www.adonit.net ...

Posted on Jul 28 2015 - 4:30pm by John Peters
Comments Off on Rules of engagement

Steelcase has produced six rules for successful video-conferencing Cultivating trust and a good working relationship between colleagues based in different locations is a major challenge for multinational companies. So how can senior executives ensure that a workforce spread across the globe is working as efficiently and productively as possible? Steelcase, the world leader in the provision of high...

Posted on Jul 28 2015 - 1:30pm by John Peters
Comments Off on Helping you achieve your goals

Data Capture Solutions is the ideal partner to help implement a digitisation strategy The key challenges business face today, from raising productivity levels and improving customer service to cutting costs and reducing greenhouse gas emissions, can all be addressed by optimising document management. The best way to do this is still to replace paper-based processes with digital workflows. Removing...

Posted on Jul 28 2015 - 8:00am by John Peters
Comments Off on A battery lifesaver -The Batteriser

The Batteriser is a clever device that extends the life of a standard disposable battery by up to 800%. Most consumers don’t realise that electronic devices often only use 20% of a battery’s energy before the device stops functioning. Batteriser, a 0.1mm thin stainlesssteel sleeve, allows you to tap into the remaining 80% of energy that is usually thrown away. Its thin design enables the battery...

Posted on Jul 27 2015 - 4:30pm by John Peters
Comments Off on Offices of the future

The office of the future might look a lot like Net.Works. The brand new co-working space in Highbury & Islington offers a stylish, friendly work environment for SMEs and start-ups with 1-30 employees. Key selling points include 1GB fire-optic internet connection, private meeting rooms, bike storage and regular networking events. Another attraction is membership of SL28, London’s fist members-only,...

Posted on Jul 27 2015 - 1:30pm by John Peters
Comments Off on HP boosts print security

HP has introduced an expanded range of solutions and services to help customers improve the security of their print environment. 1 HP Access Control now offers server-less secure pull printing, eliminating the need for servers in small branch offices. Secure pull printing can be deployed to maintain document confidentiality, improve compliance and save on toner and paper. 2 HP Access Control now also...

Posted on Jul 27 2015 - 8:00am by John Peters
Comments Off on Tablet bean bag from iBeani

iBeani holds iPads, tablets and e-readers at the perfect angle on any surface. Because it is a bean bag, it does not require a hard, level surface unlike other stands. It comes in 16 varieties with a selection of materials and designs to choose from. Prices start at £24.99. www.ibeani.co.uk ...