- Vodafone launches Trend Micro’s ‘Worry-Free’ service to protect business customers’ laptops and desktops.
- Service is available to new and existing business customers of all sizes.
- Security solution for desktops and laptops adds to Vodafone security offering for mobile devices through Lookout.
Vodafone has expanded its business security services to include protection for business customers’ laptops and desktops. Trend Micro’s ‘Worry-Free’ service is a new detection service to protect businesses and their employees from online security threats such as ransomware, out-of-date applications, and phishing attacks on desktops and laptops.
Recent research* by Vodafone has found that 90% of UK organisations believe that cyber security is vital to their future.
As part of the new service, Vodafone will offer customers the following Trend Micro Worry-Free features:
- anti-ransomware protection – providing the latest technologies to protect businesses against the latest crypto and ransomware threats;
- URL filtering – compares webpages against a database to prevent employees from accessing un-productive and harmful sites such as phishing web pages;
- data protection – provides tools to prevent sensitive data from leaving the business via email, USB, CD/DVD, for example;
- smart protection network – this uses a global network of threat intelligence sensors to continually update email, web, and file reputation databases in the cloud, identifying and blocking threats in real time to improve performance and protection;
- cloud dashboard for centralised management – providing complete control of the security of all devices, wherever they are, with a cloud-based dashboard accessible via a web browser;
- tailored options – ensuring customers only pay for the protection they need.
The service is compatible across Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices as well as Microsoft 365, G-Suite, Box, Dropbox and Salesforce cloud services.
In addition to Trend Micro, Vodafone offers a number of specialist cyber security solutions for business customers, such as its Lookout Mobile Security and Vodafone Cloud backup to secure a full range of devices and cloud applications.
Customers can also manage all their company’s bills, security notifications and licences in one place using Vodafone Business Marketplace. This allows businesses to use and manage their applications in one simple and secure site, from anywhere.
Anne Sheehan, Business Director, Vodafone UK, said: “With more employees than ever before working from home because of the Covid-19 pandemic, cyber threats are more prevalent than they have ever been. We are here to help businesses ensure that remote working is safe and secure. We are delighted to have teamed up with Trend Micro to enhance our security offering for our business customers.”
Bharat Mistry, Principal Security Strategist, Trend Micro, said: “Whatever their size, organisations are struggling to manage an uptick in cyber-threats targeting the devices of those employees who are working from home, that’s why we’ve partnered with Vodafone. Backed by Trend Micro’s 30+ years’ industry experience and delivered by Vodafone, a highly trusted technology communications company, this comprehensive set of security capabilities will give tremendous value and peace of mind for Vodafone customers.”
This partnership with Trend Micro Security follows the recent news that Vodafone has launched the V-Hub business support platform, aimed at helping small businesses to be more effective and safer online. Users will have access to one-to-one support, as well as an online knowledge centre that will be continually updated.
For further information on Trend Micro Security, please visit the Vodafone Business Marketplace here.
* UK data from Vodafone’s Future Research. The research was conducted in two phases, before and during the Covid-19 pandemic. The first phase took the views of 1,813 businesses of all sizes and sectors from Europe, the USA, Asia, and Africa, with the second covering 800 businesses of all sectors and sizes in the UK, Spain, Germany and Italy. This was further supplemented with qualitative interviews.
About Vodafone UK
Vodafone UK connects people, businesses and devices to help our customers benefit from digital innovation. Our services span mobile, fixed line connections, home and office broadband and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Having made the UK’s first mobile phone call and sent the first text message, Vodafone has a history as a tech pioneer. In 2018 we made the UK’s first live holographic call using 5G, and were first to start carrying live 5G traffic from a site in Salford, Greater Manchester. We now have 5G in more places than anyone else, with multiple locations now live across the UK and the rest of Europe.
Today we serve more than 18 million mobile and fixed line customers in the UK, with 4G network coverage at 99%. Our customers voted us the UK’s Best Mobile Network at the 2018 Trusted Reviews Awards – for the second year in a row. To help deliver Gigabit UK, our full-fibre broadband roll-out programme now covers 15 UK towns and cities through partnerships with CityFibre and Openreach.
For more information about Vodafone UK, please visit: www.vodafone.co.uk
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro Incorporated, a global leader in cyber security solutions, helps to make the world safe for exchanging digital information. Our innovative solutions for consumers, businesses, and governments provide layered security for data centres, cloud environments, networks, and endpoints. All our products work together to seamlessly share threat intelligence and provide a connected threat defence with centralised visibility and control, enabling better, faster protection. With more than 6,000 employees in over 50 countries and the world’s most advanced global threat intelligence, Trend Micro enables organisations to secure their journey to the cloud. For more information, visit www.trendmicro.com