The revival of Sharp’s fortunes following its take-over by Foxconn continues with the news that it is to buy Toshiba’s PC business for 4005 million yen (approximately $36 million). Under the deal, Sharp will acquire 80.1% of outstanding shares in Toshiba’s PC subsidiary, Toshiba Client Solutions Co., Ltd (TCS), with Toshiba Corporation retaining a 19.9% stake. The transfer of shares is expected to be completed by October 1, 2018. Following completion, Toshiba will continue to provide brand licensing for PC products designed, manufactured and sold by TCS. Toshiba Corporation’s press release can be seen here.
Toshiba to sell PC business to Sharp
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Housing association saves over £22,000 per year by adopting paperless filing system
- Over a Quarter of U.K. Employees Feel Like Outsiders at Work
- The Big Switch: What the Changeover Means for Offices
- Five networking technology trends of 2023 by Five networking technology trends of 2023 by Alan Hayward, Sales & Marketing Manager at SEH TechnologyFive networking technology trends of 2023 by Five networking technology trends of 2023 by Alan Hayward, Sales & Marketing Manager at SEH Technology
- 8 Safety Solutions to Keep Your Business Secure