European-based small-to-medium-sized businesses (SMBS) are being actively targeted by ransomware attacks, according to a survey conducted by data protection solutions provider Datto. Of the 148 European IT service providers questioned, 87% revealed that their SMB clients had been victimised by ransomware in the twelve months to September 2016. More than a quarter (27%) said that they experienced multiple attacks in a single day and 62% said an attack led to business-threatening downtime. Despite the widespread nature of these attacks, relatively few European SMBs went on to report these crimes to the authorities (40%).
Ransomware attacks prevalent for European SMBs
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Microsoft unveils accelerator for startups that use technology to help the planet
- SMEs could cut tech costs by 46%, and save £36,000+ a year on other overheads, with refurbished devices and a WFH modelSMEs could cut tech costs by 46%, and save £36,000+ a year on other overheads, with refurbished devices and a WFH model
- Free online learning platform aims to improve donkey welfare worldwide
- How not to let connected comms take over your work-life balance
- How to health check your business before you start out on the path of New Year Resolutions By Stuart ClarkHow to health check your business before you start out on the path of New Year Resolutions By Stuart Clark