As all eyes turn to Rio for this summer’s Olympic Games, cloud accountancy firm Xero has launched the Book of Gold Medal Business Advice in association with Olympic gold medallist Sally Gunnell.
A successful small business owner in her own right, Gunnell remains the only woman to have held four major track titles concurrently – Olympic, World, European and Commonwealth.
In a free online book and supporting videos, she explains how entrepreneurs can use sporting skills, discipline and values to achieve business success.
Her top five tips are:
1. Know what you want to achieve. Have drive and focus, know what your goal looks like and don’t be afraid to think big!
2. Build a strong team around you. Ask for help when you need it and surround yourself with people who are good at what they do – they will help you to excel.
3. Challenge yourself. Step out of your comfort zone to keep learning and growing.
4. Accept disappointment. Learn why mistakes happen and how you can learn from them, but don’t dwell on them.
5. Have self-belief. All of us doubt our ability at some point, so use your mind to visualise your goal and control that inner voice.
Click here to download a free copy of Business Gold – the Book of Gold Medal Business Advice.