If you want something to grow, location is everything.
The business landscape has changed immeasurably in 2020, and your growth plans have most likely changed with it.
Now that a London postcode is no longer so important, businesses are more liberated in their search for cost effective commercial property, fast links across the UK and internationally, and healthier work life balance for you and your workforce.
Kent’s inward investment organisation, Locate in Kent, explains why increasing numbers of domestic and international businesses are looking for a stronger foothold in the South East, and how they can secure the ideal location and premises for a more prosperous future.
Why should you Think Kent?
With commercial property prices top of mind as a business challenge, Kent offers a cost effective and smart solution. Properties like Crossways Point 15in Dartford, 18 Kings Hill Avenuein West Malling, M2CityLinkin Rochester and Connect Thirty Eightin Ashford, are just a few examples that offer adaptable open plan space, great connectivity across the country and globally, and gives you the opportunities to establish your business. Kent is already home to a vibrant mix of established home-grown start-ups and multinationals, so new businesses on the block will be in good company.
In addition to its market leading commercial property and convenient travel connections, the county offers a strong and prosperous alternative to London and the wider UK, with a growing and diverse talent pool, ground-breaking innovation in manufacturing, life science, creative and digital and food and drink sectors, new affordable and sustainable homes, and an eclectic mix of rural and urban destinations.
Why work with Locate in Kent?
It is time for businesses to reduce risks and maximise opportunities as they move forward in a post COVID-19 world. Locate in Kent is equipped with unbeatable experience and exceptional connections to give businesses the tools and ongoing support to grow and succeed in Kent.
The new soft landing package has been designed to empower organisations new to the region through bespoke 1-2-1 business and sales support from an expert specialist advisor, as well as offering access to grants, mentorship and networks to help you hit the ground running.
If that is not enough, the package will help you find the right commercial space in the right location, will support talent procurement with guidance on wage comparisons, recruitment assistance, local workforce information and support for key employees and their families moving to the area.
What does the package offer you?
Worth $50k, there is no other free package that includes:
- One free desk space in a state-of-the-art and safe co-working facility for one year at Maidstone Studios or Kent Science Park
- Access to a Business Boost grant of over $12k upon business registration in region
- 1-2-1 business and sales support
- Supply chain introductions and external support programmes
- Specific start-up and scale-up support programmes for Film and TV businesses
- Grants, expert mentorship and accelerator programme for Food Tech companies
- Business rate relief and access to mentors for medical and life science organisations
- Free professional accounting and legal advice from top firms
- Free business registration service (excluding statutory fees)
- Facilitation of immigration process for international firms
- Help to find the right commercial space for your business
- Information and statistics on the local economy, demographics, infrastructure, and labour market
- Familiarisation visits to the region
So, are you ready to relocate or expand your business?
Use Locate in Kent’s Property Search tool to find office, lab or industrial space to buy or lease in Kent. Locate in Kent can help you relocate your business, please click here:
To find out more about the soft landing package, and other avenues of support from Locate in Kent, please click here: https://www.locateinkent.com/soft-landing-package/