Two thirds (68%) of UK freelancers and contractors take less holiday than the average full-time UK employee entitlement of 28 days. Research by Qdos Contractor, the contractor tax adviser of The Qdos Group, shows that only 32% of freelancers and contractors take 22 days or more holiday annually. A separate survey by Reportlinker shows that freelancers have more pressing concerns than holiday entitlement. These include lack of retirement benefits (cited by 27%), low financial security (19%) and lack of job security (18%).
Freelancer holiday woe
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Siemens and Awen Collective collaboration offers SMEs affordable cybersecurity solutions
- 1 In 10 Uk Businesses Are Unsure If They Will Survive The Next 12 Months As A Third Of Businesses Admit They Are Struggling To Manage Costs1 In 10 Uk Businesses Are Unsure If They Will Survive The Next 12 Months As A Third Of Businesses Admit They Are Struggling To Manage Costs
- Lockton to expand employee benefits offer with Peppy digital health app
- 5 Myths Busted: Paper’s Place in a Sustainable Future
- Leading investors back UK’s largest startup competition